Change of Responsibility for an Authority Account


If a property has changed ownership and/or a new tenant has moved in and you wish to change the name on the account the following will apply:

• If you are a tenant: you will be required to bring a copy of your lease agreement or a letter from the landlord-giving permission to the tenant to sign for this water account. Owner of Record must also have a signed contract (for our files) with the Authority before services will be rendered.

• If you are an owner: you must bring a legal document proving ownership of property. Example: deed, signed sales agreement, or tax document (Mortgage or loan documents are unacceptable.)

• An Authority contract must be signed-zw person- accepting responsibility for this account.

Additional fees and procedures will apply if owner and/or tenant cannot personally come to office.

 – The owner will incur a fee of $25.00 if a contract is sent or received through the mail.

– Documents received by the Authority through the mail must also . . be notarized.

The person signing for the account must provide photo identification. You may not sign for someone else.

If the water is off, a $25.00 connection fee must be paid at the time of the contract signing.

If you are a tenant, you are required to pay $75.00 security deposit for water and a $75.00 security deposit for sewer (when applicable) at the time you sign the contract. This deposit will be applied to your final bill when you terminate service at this property.

You must be present at the property for a final reading and/or when water is turned on.

Any questions may be directed to the office: 724-483-3585